As members, contributors, and leaders, we pledge to make participation in our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, visible or invisible disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, caste, color, religion, or sexual identity and orientation. We pledge to act and interact in ways that contribute to an open, welcoming, diverse, inclusive, and healthy community.
Examples of behaviors that contribute to a positive environment for our community include
- demonstrating empathy and kindness toward other people
- being respectful of differing opinions, viewpoints, and experiences
- giving and gracefully accepting constructive feedback
- accepting responsibility and apologizing to those affected by our mistakes, and learning from the experience, and
- focusing on what’s best, not just for us as individuals, but for the overall community.
Examples of unacceptable behavior include
- using sexualized language or imagery, and sexual attention or advances of any kind
- trolling, insulting or derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- public or private harassment
- publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or email address, without their explicit permission
- publishing names of third parties that a member company collaborates with, and
- other conduct that could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting.
Community leaders are responsible for clarifying and enforcing our standards of acceptable behavior. They will take appropriate and fair corrective action in response to any behavior they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
Community leaders have the right and responsibility to remove, edit, or reject comments, commits, code, wiki edits, issues, and other contributions that don’t align with this Code of Conduct. When appropriate, they will communicate reasons for moderation decisions.
This Code of Conduct applies to all community spaces. It also applies when an individual officially represents the community in public spaces. Examples of representing our community include using an official e-mail address, posting on an official social media account, or acting as an appointed representative at an online or offline event.
Report instances of abuse, harassment, or other unacceptable behaviors to the community leaders responsible for enforcement at DDF@transceleratebiopharmainc.com. Please provide the following required information:
- First Name:
- Last Name:
- Email Address:
- Company Name:
- Company Type (Sponsor, Solution Vendor, CRO, Health Authority, Site, Other):
- Please Provide Details of Conduct Issues:
Community leaders responsible for enforcement:
- will review and investigate all complaints promptly and fairly, and
- must respect the privacy and security of those who report an incident.
Community leaders will follow these Community Impact Guidelines to determine the consequences of any action they deem in violation of this Code of Conduct:
Community Impact: Use of inappropriate language or other behavior deemed unprofessional or unwelcome in the community.
Consequence: A private, written warning from community leaders providing clarity around the nature of the violation and an explanation for why the behavior was inappropriate. A public apology may be requested.
Community Impact: A violation through a single incident or series of incidents.
Consequence: A warning with consequences for continued behavior. No interaction with the people involved, including unsolicited interaction with those enforcing the Code of Conduct, for a specified period of time. This includes avoiding interactions in community spaces as well as external channels, like social media. Violating these terms may lead to a temporary or permanent ban.
3. Temporary Ban
Community Impact: A serious violation of community standards, including sustained inappropriate behavior.
Consequence: A temporary ban from any sort of interaction or public communication with the community for a specified period of time. No public or private interaction with the people involved, including unsolicited interaction with those enforcing the Code of Conduct, is allowed during this period. Violating these terms may lead to a permanent ban.
4. Permanent Ban
Community Impact: Demonstrating a pattern of violating community standards, including sustained inappropriate behavior, harassment of an individual, or aggression toward or disparagement of classes of individuals.
Consequence: A permanent ban from any sort of public interaction within the community.
This Code of Conduct is adapted from the Contributor Covenant v2.1.
Community Impact Guidelines were inspired by Mozilla’s code of conduct enforcement ladder.
For answers to common questions about this code of conduct, see the FAQ at https://www.contributor-covenant.org/faq.
Translations are available at https://www.contributor-covenant.org/translations.